Top Ten Books That Darn Near Broke My Heart
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we were asked to list books that for whatever reason broke our heart… Happy Valentine’s Day! These are my picks in no particular order:
1. Mockingjay – By Suzanne Collins - 1) Because it is sad and 2) because of the disappointment I felt about the conclusion to the series while reading it. THAT broke my heart.
2. The Fault in Our Stars – By John Green – When you’re reading a story about cancer, you KNOW there will be tears.
3. Before I Fall – By Lauren Oliver - Reliving the final day of your life over and over. Who should go through such torture?
4. Tarnished Gold - By V.C. Andrews – My heart was broken once only to be healed and then re-broken again by the ending…
5. Dreamdark: Silksinger - By Laini Taylor – Knowing we may not get any more of this series breaks my heart.
6. Starters - By Lissa Price – So much sadness in this one!!! (I don’t want to spoil it for you!)
7. Les Misérables – By Victor Hugo – Jean Valjean, Fantine, Eponine, Gavroche, Javert… Nuff’ said.
8. Tiger’s Quest – By Colleen Houck - The ending!!! Aye! (And the next book, Tiger’s Voyage, doesn’t even help matters!)
9. Marley & Me – by John Grogan – There must be something about me and dog books, b/c this is the first of two on this list that broke my heart.
10. Where the Red Fern Grows - By Wilson Rawls – The most heartbreaking tale of a boy’s love for his dogs, and the kindred spirit shared by them all.